What do I remember......it was a long day spent primarily in the air or in an airport. We left Vancouver stopped in Calgary for an hour and then it was off to London. Its been a long time since we've been on a long flight 8 hours in the air. Our little plane from Vancouver to Calgary was cool, first time I've been on an Air Canada flight with personal LCD's on the back of every seat and USB ports to charge all my gadgets! Then it was an hour at Heathrow and it was off to Dublin. Lately I've read about a lot of problems at Heathrow and their new Terminal 5 but luckily we didn't end up there. Kinda curious to see it though maybe we'll get a chance when we go back from Barcelona.

Kristin, Jenny and Gorazd picked us up from the airport and I saw my first leprechaun. Kristin bought this crazy hat and they printed off this sign welcoming us = ). Its been a while but its great to feel so welcome.
Next few hours were spent at Kristin's resting up and then it was off to dinner for Jenny's birthday. Went to "The Larder", we both ordered the beef pie in guinness figuring we could get our Irish content, Irish beef and Guinness!
Then it was off to a pub/club place....I feel old, music was loud and I couldn't hear myself think, that or the jetlag was getting to me. After a nice walk back to Kristin and Kate's it was time for 10 hours of sleep before another day of sightseeing.
No comments:
Post a Comment